Effective Date: December 9th, 2019
- Information We Collect.
- Information You Give to Us. When you access the Product, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us certain information that personally identifies (or could be used to personally identify) you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data may include, without limitation, some of the following categories of information: (1) contact and profile data (such as your name and email address); (2) comments, and other information you provide on our private or public internet-based community sites and user forums, and (3) other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including without limitation, unique identifiers such as passwords, and personal information that you send to us. You may still access and use some aspects of the Products if you choose not to provide us with any Personal Data, but the features of the Products that require your Personal Data will not be accessible to you. We may also collect additional information, which may be Personal Data, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent and share this information with our business partners in order to provide the Products to you and as otherwise set forth herein.
- Information Gathered from Your Use of the Products. We automatically collect certain data when you use the Products such as (1) IP address; (2) domain server; (3) type of device(s) used to access the Products; (4) web browser(s) used to access the Product; (5) Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) visited by you during your use of the Product as well as referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the Products; (6) geolocation information; (7) beta use information; (8) session information generated and stored on your computer systems; and (9) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Products (collectively “Traffic Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Traffic Data may be Personal Data.
- How We Collect Information. We collect information, including Personal Data and Traffic Data, when you interact with the Products, fill out a form, use live chat, or provide us with feedback on our Products, as well as through Cookies, Web Beacons, website analytics services and other tracking technology (collectively, “Tracking Tools”) as described below. We also may collect information about you from third party sources.
- Tracking Tools.
- Web Beacons: “Web Beacons” (a.k.a. clear GIFs or pixel tags) are tiny graphic image files imbedded in a web page or email that may be used to collect anonymous information about your use of our Products, the websites of selected advertisers and the emails, special promotions or newsletters that we send you. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to monitor how many people are using the Products and for what purpose.
- Website Analytics: We may use third-party website analytics services in connection with the Products, including, for example, to record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text that you type. These website analytics services generally do not collect Personal Data unless you voluntarily provide it and generally do not track your browsing habits across websites which do not use their services. We use the information collected from these services to help make the Products easier to use and as otherwise set forth herein.
- Information Provided by or on Behalf of Children. The Products are not intended for use by children under sixteen (16) years of age and children under age 16 are prohibited from using the Products. We do not knowingly collect any information from children under 16. By accessing, using and/or submitting information to or through the Products, you represent that you are at least 16 years of age. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, please contact us immediately. If we learn that we have received or inadvertently gathered any information from a child under age 16, we will use reasonable efforts to delete that information from our records as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Disclosure of Data. We may disclose and/or transfer certain information that we collect from you (which may include Personal Data and/or Traffic Data) as follows:
- Compliance with Law. We may disclose such information if we determine in good faith that such disclosure is needed to: (1) comply with applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process; (2) protect our rights, property or safety or that of another party; (3) enforce other agreements with you; or (4) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
- Anonymized/Aggregated Data. We may disclose information that is not Personal Data (including Personal Data that has been anonymized and/or aggregated) to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses in our sole discretion.
- Public Information. Any information that you post in public chat rooms or public message boards or reveal in a review of the Products to us or within the Product or on any other website is public information and may be shared or used by us for any reason in our sole discretion.
- Controlling Your Personal Data. If you are a registered user of the Products, you may modify certain portions of your Personal Data directly within your account settings where possible, or by contacting us to make the required changes. If you close your account, we will delete your account and will purge your profile data from our user database. Please note, however, that we reserve the right to retain information from closed accounts, including to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce any agreement between you and us, and take other actions permitted by law. You must promptly notify us if you become aware that any of your account data is lost, stolen or used without permission.
- Your Sharing Options. If you do not want to receive special offers, marketing communications, advertisements, newsletters or other promotional communications (“Marketing Communications“) from us, you may opt-out by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all marketing emails, or by logging into your account and unsubscribing through the user settings within the Products. Additionally, you may disable all email notifications (including notifications of new reports) in your user settings within the Products. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take up to ten (10) business days for such opt-out to become effective. Also note that if you opt-out of our Marketing Communications, we may still email or communicate with you from time to time if we need to provide you with information or request information from you with respect to a transaction initiated by you, or for other legitimate non-marketing reasons.
- California Residents. Subject to certain limitations under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we may have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as provided below (see Contact Us). We do not receive any personal information from You (“Customer Personal Information”) as consideration for the Products or other items provided to You. We shall not have, derive or exercise any rights or benefits regarding Customer Personal Information. We will not sell Customer Personal Information, and shall not collect, retain, share or use Customer Personal Information except as necessary for the sole purpose of providing the Products. We agree to refrain from taking any action that would cause any transfers of Customer Personal Information, either to or from us, to qualify as a sale of personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (AB 375), as amended (the “CCPA”). The terms “personal information”, and “sale” shall have the same meaning as in the CCPA.
Additional Information for European Union Users
Legal basis for processing. We only use your personal data as permitted by law. We are required to inform you of the legal basis of our processing of your personal data, which are described in the “Use of Data” section above. If you have questions about the legal basis of how we process your Personal Data, contact us using the contact information provided above.
Retention. We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. We keep basic information about our users for the duration of the agreement. In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Rights. European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your Personal Data. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your Personal Data that we hold:
* Opt-out. Stop sending you direct marketing communications. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
*Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your Personal Data and give you access to your Personal Data.
*Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data.
*Delete. Delete your Personal Data.
*Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your Personal Data to you or a third party of your choice.
*Restrict. Restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
*Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your Personal Data that impacts your rights.
You can submit these requests by email to email@example.com or our postal address provided above. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your Personal Data or response to your requests regarding your Personal Data, you may contact us as described above or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
We engage certain third parties (“Subprocessors”) in order to assist us in connection with the Products, some of whom may have access to your Personal Data in conjunction with such processing. Please contact us for a list of our current Subprocessors.
Cross-Border Data Transfer
Whenever we transfer your Personal Data out of the EEA to countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal information protection, the transfer, where required by EU data protection legislation, will be based on the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission which impose data protection obligations on the parties to the transfer.
Please contact us for a copy of our Data Processing Addendum or if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.
* * *